Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Some Like it Hot


And if you are one of those who does, you'll wish you were living where we live right now. 



It's hot. Where I grew up, hot was something that happened in East County. We lived a few miles offshore of the beach in beautifully sunny San Diego. We almost always had a cooling ocean breeze to keep temps down in the summertime. And we had the beach, of course. 

Leah would have loved to grow up near the beach. She is a fish. We do have great beaches here in Michigan, but we have something else as well that I never had when I was a tyke. 

Splash pads. 

There is a brand new one close by us, and yesterday when temps were right up around 98 we decided to go try it out. 





It was a literal blast! 






Leah probably could have stayed there until dark, if I would have let her. But it was really hot. And the littler kids were hungry. And I was a delinquent mom who forgot to brings snacks and drinks. 







(This is becoming a signature pose for Susie and me.) 


The Littler Kids Begging for Food:

So we hit up McDonald's for ice cream cones, which appeased the mini-monsters, and was a perfect ending to a very hot day. Summertime... and the living is easy. 

1 comment:

Linda said...

Love this!! :) ♥ Brings back great memories of going to a similar place here in Champaign with Sarah when she was little. Your girls are adorable, as are you.

Linda